A DOCTOR? A director? A nurse manager? Who is the biggest fan of LPNs in your workplace?
This is your chance to have them recognized and honoured!
A final one-week window has just opened for LPNs to submit a nomination for the CLPNA’s Interprofessional Development Award.
Nominations accepted until Thursday, March 23 at 11:55pm (MDT).
Each year, the CLPNA honours excellent health care leaders who are instrumental in fostering a collaborative practice environment, promoting professional growth and development of LPNs. Those managers, educators, and others who take steps to ensure all team members perform their optimal scope of practice, and who speak often about the value of LPNs as vital and respected team members. This is the only CLPNA Award for those who are not Licensed Practical Nurses.
All nominees are invited to the CLPNA’s Awards Dinner, April 27 in Calgary, when the winner will be announced.
The winner will be featured in the Summer issue of the CLPNA’s member magazine, CARE.
How to Nominate
- Read the below Award Eligibility Criteria.
- Ask two additional people to be Sponsors for this nomination. Get their contact information to complete the Nomination Form.
- Write the Nomination Letter for the Nominee (a two (2) page, typed statement describing how the applicant meets the Eligibility Criteria). Save it in Microsoft Word (.DOC or .DOCX) or Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format. Make sure the Letter gives examples of how the Nominee’s contributions at work, on committees, and in the community, meets or exceeds the Award’s Eligibility Criteria.
- Complete the Award Nomination Form:
Award Eligibility Criteria
The Nomination Letter should give examples of how the Nominee’s contribution at work, on committees, and in the community meets or exceeds that Award’s Eligibility Criteria.
Interprofessional Development Award (Non-LPN) – A non-LPN health care leader focused on providing exceptional care to Albertans through the following attributes: (must be nominated by an LPN)
- Demonstrating exceptional leadership skills
- Fostering a collaborative practice environment
- Promoting professional growth and development
- Creating high functioning interprofessional team(s)
- Articulating the value of LPNs as vital and respected team members
- Advocating for all team members to perform toward their optimal scope of practice
Or contact Donna Doerr, Foundation Assistant, at email@example.com, 780-484-8886, or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).