About how and when to apply for an Education Grant.
For complete understanding of the grant process from eligibility to application to payment, please read the following in order:
How do I apply for a Grant?
- READ the Grant Eligibility information to ensure you and your course(s) qualify.
- DOWNLOAD a Grant Application:.
- GRANT APPLICATION FORM Grant Application_30-April-2018
- PRINT the Grant Application, complete it.
- ATTACH a brief (1 page or less) course description/outline for each course.
- SUBMIT the Grant Application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ), fax (780-484-9069), mail or drop off in person to:
Fredrickson-McGregor Education Foundation for LPNs
St. Albert Trail Place
13163 146 Street
Edmonton AB T5L 4S8 CANADA
- QUESTIONS? Contact the Foundation Assistant at email@example.com or 780-484-8886
When should I apply?
Which Application Deadline should I apply for?
There are four Application Deadlines each year:
- January 31
- April 30
- July 31
- October 31
For the course to be eligible for a certain Application Deadline, the date of course completion must fall in a period that extends from six months before the Application Deadline to six months after the Application Deadline.
You can apply for a course BEFORE you’ve completed it. Proof of successful course completion will be required in order to receive grant funding.
- DETERMINE the date you will finish your course. This is your “date of course completion”.
- COMPARE the “date of course completion” against the upcoming Application Deadlines to determine when to apply:
Application Deadline Dates
|If the date of course completion is between:||Apply for this Application Deadline:|
|November 1, 2017 – October 31, 2018||April 30, 2018|
|February 1, 2018 – January 31, 2019||July 31, 2018|
|May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019||October 31, 2018|
|August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019||January 31, 2019|
For example, if your date of course completion is December 15, 2017, the course is eligible for the following Application Deadlines: October 31, 2017 or January 31, 2018 or April 30, 2018. You may apply for any one of these Deadlines.
Application Deadlines occur every three months.
How often may I apply for a Grant?
Applicants may apply for funding once per Application Deadline.
Multiple courses may be applied for on a single Application Form.
Priority may be given to first time applicants.
Contact the Foundation Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-484-8886.