Opportunities are available for one and two year terms, January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2018, for Licensed Practical Nurses to participate on the Fredrickson-McGregor Education Foundation for LPNs’ Committee.
The Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization which raises, manages and distributes educational grants to members of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta to enhance their nursing knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CLPNA members who have a minimum of 3 years nursing experience
- Hold an active registration that is not temporary, limited or restricted
- Previous volunteer experience is an asset with the ability to work as a valued team member with the committee to achieve the strategic vision of the Foundation
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Seek and support new ideas in fundraising and funding new educational opportunities
- Identify and establish educational funding partnerships
- Ensure optimum use of Foundation resources, and effective Foundation practices and procedures
- Report regularly to all stakeholders on the performance of the Foundation
- Perform in a consistent and ethical manner, demonstrating fairness and transparency in all Foundation operations
- Preparing for meetings by reading all materials and circulating concerns in advance
- Actively participate in Board discussions
- Participating in strategic planning aimed in achieving the strategic vision of the Foundation
- Sharing your experience and expertise
- Fundraising experience is an asset
- Ability to devote sufficient time and energy to Foundation activities (ex. the Silent Auction at CLPNA’s AGM & Conference, other fundraising activities)
- Demonstrated integrity, high ethical standards and respect of privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to conceptualize and think strategically
- Good problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet time commitments, and can attend evening meetings as required
- Ability to participate in group decision-making
- Excellent communication, time management skills
- Reliable vehicle, ability to travel
This committee meets 3-4 times per year for several hours by teleconference and/or in person at the CLPNA office located in Edmonton, AB.
Term of Appointment:
One and two year appointments available.
Submission of a resume is required.
Questions? Contact Donna Doerr at firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-484-8886 or 1-800-661-5877 (toll free in Alberta).